These are the 8 main things you should do for SEO:
1) Get great backlinks. These are links from other sites, preferably sites with similar keywords to yours, that go back to yours when clicked. The sites should have something to do with yours, or at least the page where our link is should have to do with yours. In the code, it should not say rel="nofollow".
2) Any social media or directory links that make any kind of sense for you to have, you should have.
3) Be sure every reference to your site uses your actual, exact URL consistently. If your site has a www, use the www. If not, don't. Same thing with HTTPS vs. HTTP. Fix any links that do use the correct URL. Also, make sure your phone number, address, and hours are correctly and consistently listed wherever they occur - Yelp, Google Business, your site, etc.
4) Wherever your site has an image "alt" tag, that's an opportunity to insert a keyword. Add alt text to all the items in your media library as well.
5) Your site should load as fast as reasonably possible. Hire us or comparable to maintain your site and spruce up the speed optimization.
6) Form a daily or weekly system wherein you are constantly adding key-word rich content. A blog about your industry and professional life would afford you a way to constantly be adding key-word rich content and, assuming you add links to each post to Facebook afterwards, helps create more social media activity.
7) Use the Yoast SEO coaching tool to spruce up your existing meta data. If AWD built your site, it should already have good title tags and descriptions, but there could be room to improve. A great title tag echoes the key terms from the page's content. A great description gives searchers a reason to click on your link.
8) If you don't have an SSL certificate secured site using an https URL with a green lock icon on it, hire us or comparable to help you get that. It helps with SEO, and pretty soon browsers are going to start warning people when those security certificates are not in place.
It's a marathon, not a sprint.